Monday, November 16, 2009

It's my feet... It's my shoes

Yesterday I saw a segment of Oprah's show... it was about fashion crimes... and she had her own set of fashion "police" patrolling the city and looking at women who according to their standards were going against the fashion.
The whole idea of fashion and following fashion is so absurd to me... I mean it is just stupid that what was very fashionable 10 years ago is now considered a fashion crime...
Who cares what others should or shouldn't wear?!
Even if they are dressed in a funny way... who would mind a repressed laugh every once a while...

But what got me angry the most is when Oprah's friend started talking about how wrong it is to wear sports shoes to your work!!
Come on... if I have to work for 10 hours... mostly standing on my feet... I will surely place my feet comfort before someone's eyes pleasure... that's why 90% of the time I'm wearing sports shoes to my work...
Mum thinks that my students are probably making fun of my shoes...

We have enough people trying to dictate so many things on us... Fashion crime or not! I don't give a damn...

my feet this morning!

5 comments:

aichabaz_91 said...

couldnt you atleast wear a nicer shoe !!! ouch

Dee said...

i've come across your blog a while ago, lost your address but somehow found my way back :) Love your blog, wondering why no one comments! :s Makes me wish il dacatra wil mohandiseen at JUST can put 2 words together!

Anyway about the shoes issue, i agree about comfort coming first,but since you're young and all i think you have other options that are just as comfortable as the shoes you have on, no need for heels or anything (plus last time i checked we're the ones who have to walk miles on campus to get from one faculty to the other :p )

dash said...

rusaila... sadly i agree with the girls! not only in our society but all over the world people are judged by the way they dress and specially the shoes. it tells a lot about your personality... what you are and what is your status in the community you are working with.. it dosent have to do with people being shallow or following a fashion. it has rather to do with presenting a certain image.!
so come on girl get some nice ballerinas and some cute boots . after all you are a female and you have pretty feet .. love them :)

Anonymous said...

nice shoes , nice socks , nice entry

Anonymous said...

What size the shoes is :) ?

"I do not care ..... as long as you love me"!

Nice blog...