Wednesday, April 08, 2009

... Upon Death

Death is a fact… we all know that sooner or later we will die… yet it seems that death never occupies us… until it hits someone near…

Upon hearing the news… I cried… I knew he was going to die… he was very sick and tired… but my tears had to fall…
I wonder where is he right now? What sort of reality is he [living] now? Did he see it?

I cry for his family… he left them… and no matter in what form… the hardest thing is to say Goodbye to those whom you truly love…

He died earlier this morning… yet… the sun has shone… the birds are singing… and the weeds and flowers are dancing in the breeze…
In few hours he will be lowered under the ground… yet above the ground… life goes on… pretending that nothing has happened…

Death is hard…

It makes me think of how important I am really in this life… how any of us is really important…
We live in our own circles… get consumed with our own made problems… we love, we hate… we fight… we lose… we win… but at the end… we only live for a short time… leaving no major impact on this Earth… except for those who knew us…

Life…. Oh, how insatiable it is… for our passions… for our dreams… for our strivings… for ourselves…
But death reminds us… it doesn't have to be so…

A friend once said… [Keep duniya "life" in your hands… and out of your heart] how wise she is…

Maybe then death won't seem so hard… maybe then the Light will touch our hearts and ease our pains…


Rest in Peace my dear uncle Abu Zuhair…

You'll be much missed… and always remembered…

No comments: