Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dundee... a city of discovery!

Yesterday I went on a trip to Dundee… a Scottish city up to the north… and it was amazing…
I went there to attend a Fair about the Games industry in Scotland… the fair was good… but I spent more time wandering about the city than attending the fair…
Anyways…
The city is relatively small… not very dense nor diverse compared to Edinburgh… but still it has its own charm… for a starter it is quieter… and you have fewer cars… which allows more pedestrian movement… and in the city center… there is actually no cars… but people walking… and I loved that!!
Dundee has a waterfront riverside… the Tay River… and as I arrived a domed building struck my eyes… [I have to]… which turned out to be “discovery point” an exhibition to commemorate the famous expedition ship to Antarctica “Discovery” which was built in Dundee…
I went to there… and it is a worth-going place… the funniest time was when you are aboard the ship and you are free to wander about… I really felt like Captain Jack Sparrow… =) [courtesy of Pirates of the Caribbean]…
Beside that… I walked and walked… and further walked…
The city is great… it was a good time for me… Alhamdullilah rab ala’ameen…


No comments: