Tuesday, February 14, 2006

sevdim...

on the day where all people celebrate Love...
I remembered a love that transcends the barrier of language, race, age, gender....
a love that is pure... a love that is unbreakable...
though I don't know Turkish... I still can feel... these songs...
for you... my Beloved Prophet... for you my best Teacher... For You Messanger of Allah... for Mohammed peace be upon him...


SEVDİM SENİ

Sevdim seni mâbuduma
Canân diye sevdim.
Bir ben degil âlem sana
Hayran diye sevdim.


Evlad-i iyalden gecerek
Ben Ravzana geldim.
Ahlâkını meth etmede
Kur`an diye sevdim

Kurbanın olam Şah-i Rasül
Kovma kapından
Didârına müştak olan
Yezdân diye sevdim.

Mahşerde nebiler bile
Senden medet ister.
Gül yüzlü melekler sana
Hayran diye sevdim.


>>to hear the turkish version done by sami ozer
>>to hear the turkish_english version done by zain bhikha

No comments: